Saturday, February 1, 2014

A House On Fire

It was a night in July. I was sleeping in the open on the roof of my house. At about midnight, i was awakened by the noise of Fire, Fire I jumped out of bed and saw the flames rising from the house only third to ours. I soon ran down and ran to the house on fire with a bucket of water. Dozens of other people were already there. Several of them were removing the inmates and household goods. Many more were throwing buckets of water on the flames to bring them under control. I also joined them. The inmates were running about and crying for help. I ran up the Fire Brigade. It arrived in about half an hours. It threw water on the fire by means of big canvas hoses. It extinguished the fire in about twenty minutes. Fortunately, there was no loss of life but the loss of property was about 50 thousand rupees.